What causes Diarrhoea?
There are lots of types of diarrhoea ranging from short, mild discomfort to severe bowel movements containing blood accompanied by fever and vomiting.
Here are the main causes of diarrhoea:
- A simple change in diet or water
- Jet lag
- Climate change
More serious Diarrhoea:
- Food Poisoning (often bacterial)
- Viruses (gastric flu)
- Parasites (inc. Giardia)
Even though you will not want to hear this, diarrhoea can basically be caused by eating someone else's diarrhoea. This can be through the following:
- Inadequate washing of hands when preparing food, drinks, etc.
- Dirty cooking utensils or cutlery
- Flies landing on your food or plates, cup, rim of drinking bottle, etc.
- Touching hands of an infected person who hasn't adequately cleaned themselves.
- Swallowing contaminated water when swimming.
- Poor environmental cleanliness may mean that it is present in the dirt and dust.
|Lloyds Pharmacy's Online Doctor has an excellent Travellers' Diarrhoea Pack for treatment and prevention of diarrhoea, with next day delivery.||Buy online|
|Buy diarrhoea remedies and rehydration solutions online at Boots.com.||Shop online|